Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dance Dance

Valentine's Day was pretty special this year. It was the first time we had not gone all out in the sense of spending money but rather had a more intimate experience. Earlier in the year, we purchased a Groupon for 10 group dance lessons and a private lesson to try and learn some dances before the wedding. Due to schedule conflicts, it was really difficult to do anything. Well, Valentine's Day this year we were able to push away our schedules and go to our first lesson!

I can't tell you how nervous I was going into the dance studio. A new venue with new people, hoping not to look like a complete idiot. I knew Scott was feeling the same. We walked in a few minutes late from the heavy traffic down to Atlanta. The class was an intro to Waltz and Cha Cha, neither or which I knew anything about. We went straight into the class and to our surprise truly enjoyed it! The dance instructor quickly came over to us and showed us the basic moves to get started with a box waltz. I think Scott and I picked it up pretty quickly because he was impressed!

The best part is essentially what I mentioned earlier about being in a new venue with new people. As stressful as it was, it was so wonderful to get away from everything we knew and be completely alone at least for an hour to ourselves. You can ask him, I didn't stop smiling the entire time the music played!

No comments:

Post a Comment