Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Invitation Craze

I will say.. invites turned out to be more of a hassle than it should have been! It was a series of days and events that made it all possible..

The invites arrived on Friday and I sent dad to pick them up. I had my first scare when the ribbons were not attached to the invites. We had originally thought they didn't come with them even after we paid for them! Sunday came around, Scott and I spent the afternoon assembling the little pieces together (ribbon, envelopes, etc) while our moms wrote addresses. It was a long but fun afternoon of talking and working! Kim came by in the later part of the afternoon and we took a mini break to Archiver's to find some gold seals to close the envelopes. That store has everything!

Monday night I picked up a tip. If you number the rsvp return cards, if someone forgets to put their name, you will still know who it is! For those of you with invites, you can check the upper right hand corner of the inside of your rsvp card. It's got a penciled in number. AND if you erase it.... I will come after you!!
Each number has been paired with a family on my complete wedding list excel sheet for easy access.And just an FYI if you are filling the rsvp card out, the M ____ is where you put MR (NAME) or MRS (NAME).


Tuesday I was able to make it to the Post Office before lunch. I ended up spending nearly $200 in stamps and wanted to throw my wallet away then and there! I bought extra forever stamps too.. knowing that postage is going up in January, it was only wise to get the stamps for the save the dates later.

What makes it funny is the bittersweet feeling I had Tuesday afternoon when I dropped off the invitations at the post office. Of course I wanted to send them off and show people the invites, but after all that time spent working on them I wasn't ready to part. I wanted to hand deliver them with care that we all know is lacking in the postal service.

Finally one last thing... Wednesday afternoon I get a call from dad that an empty RSVP envelope had returned with nothing inside meaning that the invitation had come apart in the postal service somewhere. So PLEASE let me know if you received your invite, received your invite with a missing RSVP card, or did not receive one all together and you have all ready gotten a save the date!

No comments:

Post a Comment