Monday, November 28, 2011

Ciao Carinos

After over a year of telling everyone we wanted barbecue for the wedding envy one knows how the story goes... We changed our minds! It was sort of an odd come to my senses moment. I originally stated we wanted to get BBQ because it was cheaper. I had called like 15 places and gotten quotes. We had our placed picked out just no deposit (mostly because it was too far in advance). Well the other day I was looking around online and realized I hadn't been to Johnny Carinos in years. In fact, the last time I went was with my grandmother nearly two years ago. Perhaps that was why I hadn't returned?!

Regardless I decided to check their website for how much catering was. If anyone has been to Johnny Carinos it's great Italian but much cheaper than Olive Garden. As I was looking through the website the prices looked horrifying from the get go. I tried to calculate how much it would cost to have some of this and some of that. My total came out to be $100 more than the cost of the BBQ. I called Scott to tell him my findings and I told him I would request a quote to just see how much everything would cost and find out if they have military discount.
I got an email response two days later with a quote including delivery, tax, gratuity that turned out to be the same as the BBQ! I was so excited because we can now provide more selection of foods and take into consideration those who don't eat meat. The best part is the chicken parmigiana :) my favorite Italian dish (other than dads lasagna!)

The next step was to test the selections. :)
The Wednesday before thanksgiving this year was sort of a treat for us. We took advantage of a half day after working and did both a cake tasting and eat lunch at Johnny Carinos to taste the meals we would potentially be serving our wonderful guests. I love the restaurant too... In case you haven't been it has a very home feel to it. I tried the homemade lasagna and Scott had the lemon rosemary chicken, we each ate half the plate and shared the other. Both were delicious! We have two other dishes one being a angel hair pasta salad with no meat and the other being my favorite the chicken parmigiana. I told Scott I would bring him back another time to try it because I knew he would love it! Not sure if the bread is included in the catering but if it is I may be requesting some if that too.. If you haven't tried it is a legit garlic bread roll. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. They serve it with a oil, and fried garlic concoction that is absorbed by the bread and... Let me stop before I take another trip home to eat!

So there you have it, we have not put the deposit as of yet but our caterer will be Johnny Carinos!

No comments:

Post a Comment