Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lucky Number 3, Ladybugs?!?

I'm not the most superstitious person but you wouldn't believe how many things have happened to me leading up to the wedding! It all started one day... Kim, her mom, my mom, and I were driving to the Mall of Ga for a girls afternoon of shopping and for some reason or another mom remember and shared that while she was pregnant with me, she woke up every morning at 3:33am to use the restroom. To then Kim's mom responds," Wait you are getting married on 3/3!" we all just started at each other with wide eyes! I redecided that 3 was my lucky number (long story short but I flip flop between 3 and 6!) from that point on everything seemed to happen in 3s! The story with the lady bugs was kind of interesting. Thursday (3 days before) I was cleaning my room and I happened to look over at my pillow and one was just sitting there. I'm thinking to myself how dare that ladybug sit on my pillow, then I squirmed thinking eeewwww bug on my bed!! So I grabbed a piece of newspaper and flung it on the floor. A couple hours later as I went to lay down, I instinctly flipped my pillow thinking it would get rid of any bug germs. As I lay my head down I saw something flying around my ceiling. Another lady bug! I even sat up to see the other one on the floor to make sure it was in fact a second bug! My ceiling, being too high to reach, was a lost cause. I turned off the lights and covered my head with the blanket. The next morning I met up with Scott and told him that I found two ladybugs and he said it was good luck.

Well the story continues, that night all of my bridesmaids slept at my house. It was roughly 2:45am when our giggling started to calm down and we decided it was finally time to sleep. Again I lay my head down in my pillow to see a ladybug sitting on my ceiling in which I proceeded to laugh. Of course none of the girls had any idea what was going on so I had to explain the oth lady bugs. I figured my marriage would definitely have extra good luck with my lucky three ladybugs! The last bit of luck dealt with the weather. I paid attention all week to the forecast. Even the morning of showed 60% chance of thunderstorms. The night before, following our rehearsal dinner, storms began to brew. We had extensive severe weather tht included a couple of nearby tornado touchdowns! But even with the storms we had fun, the girls had a wonderful trip to Steak and Shake during the storm that was a blast! It was not really a bachelorette party but just a fun time to relax before the wedding. Before bed, Megan said that we should pray for some it to stop raining before the wedding. We all said amen and fell asleep. The following morning we woke to a light drizzle and much humidity. As the day progressed and we went to get flowers a sliver of blue sky pierced the sky. We were soo excited! After my hair appointment as we drove home, we prayed again this time asking God to give us a little bit of sun during the ceremony.

It was in His hands at that point. 4:45 rolled around, dad and I are en route to the venue. I happen to look out the window to see sun shining through some thick clouds right over downtown Lawrenceville. It tugged at my heart and I could only smile. The best part of the day (weather wise!) was actually something that the photographer said.. Mind you Shannon was not with us when we talked about all the stuff or prayed but she said after the ceremony that the pictures she got wil be perfect because of the light shining through the doors essentially making a natural halo around us!

No comments:

Post a Comment